3-25-15 Asian/ Vegetarian Snack Haul





hi hello how have you been? Since the last time I've blogged my boyfriend and myself took a trip to Hong kong Market they have two locations but my spot is the one in Dallas on walnut st. 

I love this place its huge or at least bigger than any Asian market around east Texas one of the main reasons I love visiting this particular market is the wide variety of vegetarian and vegan food they have like the vegan beef slices I took the liberty of adding the cooking directions because this is dried textured protein that you have to rehydrate for about 40 Min's but honestly I think this would be a great addition to a soup to just throw in it does however say you need to rinse the "beef" a few times before rehydrate it 





We decided on going the easy route rehydrate and making a stir fry it was bomb!  

                   













 Then I ended up loading up on "vegan jerky" which was tofu no matter how you worded it they all had a certain kind of sauce flavor along with what ever seasoning was mentioned on the labels then we found some vegetarian ramen one is mushroom flavor and the other kimchi (fermented spiced cabbage) along with some sweet potato chips they were more like super crunchy potato chips but sweet potato flavored oh! and those sesame seed cookies amazing! If your wondering what flavors I picked out here's a few close up of them


On to the sweets the strawberry pocky and hello pandas were for my brother those are just a few things I knew he liked and picked up for him the little bears are orange flavored and are so good with tea or coffee then I had to get my hands on the match pocky for myself we broke into the box as soon as we walked out the door which is why I got an extra one....or two






Over all It was fun looking around and finding a few new things to try and what surprised me the most is at how cheap it all is compared to if you were to buy vegetarian or vegan option foods at a health food store granted they have some things that the Asian markets don't carry they also had frozen foods similar to what you would find at a place that has morning star brands and things of that nature check it out and what are some of your favorite snacks are you vegetarian vegan? what are some recipes you enjoy making


thanks for taking a read share and let me know what else you would like to hear about maybe some recipes, cooking, turning a classic recipe healthy and vegetarians?

No comments:

Post a Comment